2. What are cookies?
They are text files that are downloaded and stored on the user's device, through the browser, when visiting a web portal. The purpose of these files is to collect, store and share user information in order to identify them each time they return to the website and thus offer them a personalized experience based on their preferences and behavior on the website, facilitating their navigation through presentation. of relevant and useful content, always aimed at improving the user experience.
Cookies guarantee the correct functioning and allow maximum efficiency of the site, in addition they facilitate the delivery of advertising messages on the web, so that they are more relevant and according to the preferences and interests of each user.
Users can manage cookies in most browsers on the market, blocking or disabling the collection of data from the portals they consider. However, you may not be able to experience all the features of the page in the best way and even observe failures in the site
The information collected allows us to identify the user to:
- Protect and guarantee the security of user data
- Provide the user with the best personalized experience according to their preferences and behavior on the site
- Remember login information, preferences, and general behavior on the site
- Understand the user’s interaction with the site and keep it in a permanent process of improvement
- Evaluate the performance of web products and the advertising associated with them, to optimize the strategies of the different digital marketing channels
- Customize the messages that we deliver in each of our ads.
4. How to verify and manage cookie information?
The administration of the preferences for tracking information by cookies corresponds to the user. Generally, browsers have a configuration section from which it is possible to manage cookie preferences according to the needs of each user. The specific information on the procedure for each browser can be found on the web or in its help section.
Here you will find the information of the main browsers.
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari web and iOS
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
5. What type of Cookies do we use?
Depending on their duration, Cookies can be divided into:
- Session cookies: These expire when the user closes the browser and are deleted from the computer or device at that time.
- Persistent cookies: They expire depending on when the purpose for which they serve is fulfilled (for example, so that the user remains identified in the services of the website or when they are manually deleted.
Depending on who creates the Cookie, they are classified as:
- Own cookies: These are those that our Web Services send to your computer or device and are managed exclusively by the website. These cookies remain in your browser, allowing us to identify you as a recurring user of the Website and customize its content to offer you content tailored to your preferences.
- Third-party cookies: Those that are sent by entities outside the website.
Depending on the purpose for which the data obtained is processed:
- Technical cookies: These are those that allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application and use the different options or services that exist in it, such as, for example, controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, access parts of restricted access, remember the elements that make up an order, carry out the process of purchasing an order, make the request for registration or participation in an event, use security elements during navigation, store content for the broadcast of videos or sound or share content through social networks.
- Personalization cookies: These are those that allow the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics based on a series of criteria in the user's terminal, such as the language, the type of browser through which the user accesses the service, the locale from where you access the service, etc.
- Analysis and advertising cookies: These are those that allow the person responsible for them to monitor and analyze the user’s behavior in the website to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookies is used to measure the activity of the websites, application or platform and to create navigation profiles of the users of said sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements in function of the analysis of the usage data made by the users of the service. As well as presenting the user with relevant advertising on third-party websites based on their browsing profile through our website.
6. Updating Cookies and Contact Information